The World War II is one of the greatest things to know in history. It has impacts to various fields in life such as politic, economy, international affiliation, and many more. It is also claimed as the most destructive because the number of casualties and deaths are huge. 60 millions lives lost during the war. Even people who remain alive until now are still traumatized. Peace is now maintained through various efforts so that there won’t be any continuation of the World War II. The United Nations is one of the efforts to maintain world peace.
Here are things about the World War II that not many people know about:
- It was said that if Japan didn’t surrender after the two bombings, the Allies would drop the third bomb on Tokyo, which was basically the heart of Japan. The two Japanese cities bombed during the World War II were Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- There was American soldier considered as the youngest during World War II. He was Calvin Graham, 12 years old when he joined the force. He lied about his age when he signed in. he was caught lying by medical team when he was treated after having injury.
- About 600,000 Jewish became armies of American forces during the World War II. More than 35,000 were killed, injured, caught, and gone. About 8,000 people died in the battle. However, only two Jewish received the Medal of Honor at http://22.214.171.124.
- During the period of 1940-1945, military expense of the United States increased from $1.9 million to $59.8 million. In 1941, every soldier was paid $21 per month. In 1942, their fee increased to $50 per month.
- The attack to Pearl Harbor was one of the most unforgettable moments during the World War II. When the attack happened, there were about 96 ships in the harbor. 18 of them sank and broken included 8 war ships. More than 2,000 American died during the attack and more than 1,200 people injured.
- In July 1941, The Soviet Union introduced weapon named the Katsuya that could shoot 300 rockets in 25 seconds. Fifty years after, the weapon was still functional.
- Adolf Hitler was the one who designed the flag of Nazi. The red represented the social idea of Nazism. The white represented nationalism, and the black symbolized Arya fight. Hitler committed suicide in April 30th Then Germany surrendered in May 7th 1945 to the Allies.